As we move into the 2020-2021 school year, we are entering into unprecedented times. Please know that it is our intent (as of 6/24/20), to open and host our students in their classrooms. However, in keeping with city, state, and CDC guidelines for school operations, there are several changes that you need to know about.
By rule, we are required to create three potential plans for opening. They include minimal social distancing, moderate social distancing, and remote learning only.
When school opens, the following standards and rules will be required:
- Social distancing floor/seating markings in waiting and reception areas.
- 6′ of spacing markers will be in place to remind students and staff to always stay 6′ apart in lines and at other times when students may congregate.
- Parents will have to drop off their children in the parking lot where staff will be present to help check students in every morning.
- Parents will not be allowed in the building.
- Nonessential visitors and activities involving external groups or organizations will not be permitted
- Backpacks will not be allowed into the building.
- Every child will have their temperature checked every morning without exception. If a fever is detected in a child, that child will be immediately sent home and may not return to school for up to 14 days, or if a doctor’s note is provided after the fever goes away.
- To learn about all current guidelines, click here.
Here is a list of additional guidelines and direction you may want to familiarize yourself with:
- NCDHHS: North Carolina COVID-19
- CDC: Considerations for Schools
- CDC: Cleaning and Disinfecting Your Facility
- CDC: Reopening Guidance
- CDC: Coping with Stress
Please know that your child’s educational experience, safety, and emotional well-being are our highest priorities. Please do your part in helping us adhere to these rules and guidelines, and return to this page often, as it will be updated frequently as new information becomes available.