Christ-centered education for today, tomorrow, and eternity.
St. John’s Lutheran School is committed to providing a quality, Christian-based education. Spreading the good news of Jesus Christ to our students and their families is our primary reason for existence. Students gain a thorough understanding of Jesus and his plan of salvation for their lives. The faculty and staff pray that God will use our efforts to create and strengthen a life-changing faith in each student.
While religion class is held each day, these efforts go beyond the religion curriculum. We strive, with God’s help, to exemplify the way of life that Christ taught us throughout every aspect of school life. We promote spiritual values and Christian character traits every day in each student. With this in mind, our goal is to provide an atmosphere of Christian love and respect for all students, disciplining when necessary and continually forgiving.
Our desire is that each student at St. John’s develops a personal relationship with Jesus Christ that they carry with them the rest of their lives. The Christian foundation that they receive at St. John’s will better equip them to face the intense pressures that will confront them in the future.
To support the spiritual mission and religious instruction at the school, St. John’s assembles for a “Chapel” service once a week. We spend time singing, praying, and hearing the Word of God. It is our goal that our students learn to love worshiping God.
Our entire student body worships together (3 yr old through 8th grade) and services vary in style form liturgical to contemporary. Some chapel services are targeted to a particular theme, such as our Veteran’s Day chapel each November where we invite veterans from the community and we praise God for their service.
Each class is responsible for one chapel service where students have the opportunity to participate in leading worship. Occasional guest speakers and musicians, Christmas and spring programs, and mission oriented service projects enhance our worship life and provide a variety of worship settings.
Out of our love for God and his plan for our lives we are motivated to become servant leaders in our community. By promoting servant events we encourage students to adopt a servant leader mindset. Here are just a few school opportunities in which students may serve.
- Lutheran Home – Dixie Classic Fair: Middle School students are paired up with residents and escort them around the fair grounds for the day, helping them with activities and lunch.
- Think Pink: is a fund raising activity where the mission is to raise awareness about early detection of and genetic testing for breast cancer and to provide funding for screening, treatment and research.
- Food Bank Project/Food Drive: Students have numerous opportunities (Thanksgiving, Lutheran Schools Week, etc.) for providing food that is delivered to the Second Harvest Food Bank and provided for those in need.
- Sponsor A Child – Eden Ministries: The students sponsor a young girl from Zimbabwe. In addition to offerings, students communicate with the sponsored child and send care packages.
- Ronald McDonald House: Students assist in preparing luminary kits that are used to raise funds to make housing affordable and available to families of Brenner Children’s Hospital residents.
- Operation Christmas Child – Samaritan’s Purse: Students collect various supplies, toys, etc. to be sent overseas to underprivileged children of third-world countries.
- Retirement Home Visits: Students have the opportunity to visit with and sing for senior citizens at various times throughout the school year.
- Older students serve younger students:
- Partner Program: Older students are paired up with younger students for the year and develop a special relationship as they help them with art projects, computer time, reading and writing, as well as sit together at chapel services.
- Field Day: Older students help lead the younger student’s field day. They setup the stations, demonstrate the various events, and encourage the younger students in these fun activities.