St. John’s offers positive athletic competition as part of the total student development. All students are encouraged to participate in athletics, and to grow in their physical abilities to the glory of God. Students and coaches pray together and provide witness of their faith as they participate in healthy competition. Character building and Christian fellowship are instilled in students through both group and individual challenges.
Goals for our Athletes
Student athletes will be able to demonstrate:
- Christian character in practice and competition;
- a positive character in and outside of competition;
- a positive competitive attitude demonstrated in winning and losing;
- a spirit of cooperation with teammates, coaches, and referees;
- knowledge and skills for each sport in which they participate;
Students have numerous opportunities throughout the year.
- Saturday Morning League (Basketball)
- Track & Field
St. John’s is a member of the Central Carolina Independent School Athletic Association along with numerous other Christian schools.